The University of Manitoba, nestled in the vibrant city of Winnipeg, Canada, is a renowned public research institution. With a diverse student population exceeding 30,000, it offers a dynamic and inclusive learning environment.
It is the province’s largest and oldest university, founded in 1877. The university offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs across various disciplines.
Boasting a faculty of esteemed experts, the university provides a platform for world-class education and research opportunities. Comprehensive support services, including academic guidance and language support, aid international students in their academic and personal growth. The campus buzzes with over 200 student organizations and clubs, enriching the student experience with a plethora of extracurricular activities.
- Host University: University of Manitoba;
- Host Country: Canada;
- Study Level: Undergraduate;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Scholarship Worth: 240,000$;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects Available: All Subjects;
- Application Deadline: October 1st, 2023.
The University of Manitoba extends a helping hand to international undergraduate students through its International Undergraduate Student Bursary, a commendable financial support initiative. This program stands as a testament to the university’s commitment to fostering academic excellence and inclusivity among its diverse student body.
Geared towards those enrolled in their undergraduate journey at the university, this bursary stands out for its dual focus on financial need and academic accomplishment. It’s designed to alleviate the financial burden on international students, potentially covering a substantial 50% of their differential tuition fees for the academic year.
The International Undergraduate Student Bursary at the University of Manitoba comes as a beacon of financial relief, offering partial funding of up to an impressive $240,000. This substantial support can be a game-changer, significantly lightening the financial load for deserving students pursuing their dreams at the university.
- Successfully completing courses in both fall and winter terms is a must.
- Most candidates are required to tackle at least 60% of a full course load per term, translating to a minimum of 9 credit hours. Graduate students, though, have some flexibility in this regard.
- A minimum G.P.A. is non-negotiable. For those continuing their studies, a degree G.P.A. of 2.0 is the benchmark. Meanwhile, new students fresh out of high school should have a stellar grade 12 average of 70% or more. Mature Student Status can also open doors to bursary consideration.
- Demonstrating financial need is pivotal. If you’re already in the process of securing government student loans from other provinces, sharing your official government loan assessment can bolster your case. Manitoba Student Aid recipients, however, enjoy a waiver from this requirement.
- For international students diving into their first year of Canadian post-secondary education, the general bursary program isn’t a route to explore just yet.
Looking into the application process, it’s important to note that aspiring recipients must apply for the University of Manitoba General Bursary via the Aurora platform. This step complements any additional applications that might be necessary for specific awards.
To substantiate your application, it’s crucial to provide clear documentation of your financial need. If you’re already in the process of securing student loans from other provinces, including an official government loan assessment can add weight to your application.
For those eyeing this opportunity, meeting admission requirements is the first step. This might vary depending on your level of study and chosen program. It’s advisable to consult the university’s official admission guidelines for accurate details.
Since academic communication is paramount, proving your proficiency in the language of instruction is essential. Depending on your chosen program, the university might have specific language requirements. Be sure to fulfill these to ensure a smooth academic journey.
For more information, please visit the university’s official website: https://umanitoba.ca/financial-aid-and-awards/international