Founded in 1979, Deakin University is one of the Australian public universities that is recognized with a good academic reputation with more than 61,000 students, of whom 13,000 are international students. The university has five campuses, four faculties and offers courses in the following fields: Arts, optometry, engineering, nutrition, architecture, business, science, law, medicine, sport, nursing, allied health, psychology, and teaching.
Each year, Deakin University provides more than 1000 funded and fully funded scholarships to international students, commencing Master’s degree (M.Phil. or MSc) or Doctorate (Ph.D.) degree program in almost all degree courses, under the Australian government scholarships, University-funded scholarships, and External Funding opportunities.
Deakin scholarships for international students:
- Deakin Sanctuary Scholarships: covers full of tuition fees for the course duration
- Alumni Postgraduate bursary: offers a reduction of 15% per unit
- Women in Humanitarian Action Scholarship: Master of Humanitarian Assistance (T3 2020): covers tuition fees
- Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship: it covers 100% or 50% of tuition fees, also applicant will get a participation in the Vice-Chancellor’s Professional Excellence Program and priority place in on-campus accommodation (at own cost and subjected to availability)
- Deakin International Scholarship: covers 25% of tuition fees
- Deakin STEM Scholarship: covers 20% of tuition fees
- Deakin Latin America Scholarship: covers 15% of tuition fees
- Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s Meritorious 100% Scholarship (India): covers 100% of the tuition fees
- Deakin India Cloud Bursary: $2,000
- International Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship 100% (South Asia): covers 100% of the tuition fees
- Deakin Global Health Leaders Scholarship: covers 20% of the tuition fee
- Business and Law International Partner Institutions Bursary: covers 10% of tuition fees
- Faculty of Arts & Education Chinese Partner Bursary: $3000.
- Master of Business Administration Global Leader’s Scholarship: offers a fee reduction of 20% of the total course cost
- Master of Laws (LLM) International Scholarship offers a fee reduction of $10 000 for the duration of the course.
- Warrnambool Campus International Bursary: covers 20% of the candidate tuition fees for the normal duration of selected courses
- Deakin Warrnambool Residential International Scholarships: covers up to 50% of Deakin Residences Costs
- Deakin India Postgraduate Bursary 20%: covers 20% of the tuition fee
- Deakin India Undergraduate 20% Scholarship: covers 20% of the student’s tuition fees
- Deakin India Merit Scholarship 25%: covers 25% of the student’s tuition fees
- Deakin International Merit Scholarship (South Asia – Onshore): covers 20 or 25% of tuition fees
- Manipal Global Education Services (MaGE) Partnership Bursary: covers 40% of tuition fees for the student final year as an offshore Deakin Cloud Campus student
- CICRA Partnership Bursary: covers 40% of the candidate’s tuition fees for their 3rd year as an offshore Deakin Cloud Campus student
- Singapore Health Bursary: covers 20% of tuition fees for the normal duration of selected course
- Vietnam Partners Scholarship: covers 20% of the student’s tuition fees for the normal duration of the selected courses
- Deakin International Merit 10% Bursary: 10% of tuition fee.
- Deakin International Meritorious 20% Scholarship: covers 20% of tuition fees.
- Deakin International Meritorious 25% Scholarship: covers 25% of indicative costs.
- PhD Scholarship – Research Training Program Scholarship (RTP) / Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (DUPR): $28,092
- HDR Scholarship – Energy storage: Exploring electrolytes for sodium-ion capacitors: $28,092
- HDR Scholarship – The Brookes Cultural Heritage Scholarship: $28,600
- HDR Scholarship – Quality Assurance two-part epoxy coatings: $34,000
- HDR Scholarship – Keyhole coating damage treatment: $31,700
- HDR Scholarship – Circular economy principals steel framed buildings: $28,092
- HDR Scholarship – Fire retardant high strength Magnesium alloy: $28,092
- HDR Scholarship Energy storage: develop anodes for sodium-ion capacitors: $28,092
- HDR Scholarship – Population dynamics of shorebirds in peril: $28,106
- HDR Scholarship – Pregnancy and maternity care during COVID 19: $28,092
- HDR Scholarship – The influence of submarine headlands: $28,092
- HDR Scholarship – Muslim and Anglo-Australian co-existence in rural Australia: $28,092
- HDR Scholarship – External Interfaces for Autonomous Vehicles in Shared Spaces: $28,092
- HDR Scholarship – Industry 4.0 – Material monitoring for process control in roll forming: $28,092
- HDR Scholarship – China Scholarship Council (CSC) – Deakin University PhD Scholarship Program: $28,600
- HDR Scholarship – China Scholarship Council (CSC) – Deakin University Visiting PhD Scholarship Program: $20,400
- HDR Scholarship – Deakin CSCRC
- HDR Scholarship – Magnesium alloys: $27,596
- HDR Scholarship – Hydrogen future: $27,596
- PhD scholarship – Glendon A Lean Memorial Award in mathematics education: $27,596
- PhD scholarship – Fulbright Commission
Australian Government scholarships:
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships
- Australia Awards Short Courses
- Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research Fellowships
These scholarships are offered to students from certain countries in the Asia–Pacific region.
These scholarships are for full-time studies in Australia in an undergraduate, postgraduate or technical degree, and generally cover:
- Return airfare to Australia
- Academic and other compulsory fees
- Health insurance
- Establishment allowance
- Living allowance.
- Applicants need to meet Deakin’s English language requirements, but if it’s not the case, the applicant will be automatically eligible for entry into DUELI.
- Eligibility requirements differ from a scholarship to another, applicants must check Deakin University’s official website to check the requirements of each scholarship.
- Each scholarship program has its own deadline.
How To Apply:
The application for Deakin University scholarships is done online
When applying to Deakin, students must attach all required supporting documentation. These documents must be certified, and for documents that are in languages other than English, they must be translated.