Manchester, city and metropolitan borough within the metropolitan county of greater Manchester, northwest European country.
Manchester City has been in the English league for many years before ensuring a place in the Premier League. The Premier League clubs have achieved great success, including the FA Cup in the 2011-2012 seasons. Since then, Man City has gone.
With Guardiola, Manchester City won the 2017-18 Premier League title at the highest level in Premier League history and ruined many other clubs in the English press. Manchester City’s revenue was the fifth highest of any soccer club in the world in the 2018-19 season, with 568.4 million. In 2019, Forbes estimated that the club was the fifth most valuable club in the world with $2.69 billion.
Besides the large club has an academy where young athletes with an active involvement in the world of soccer are looked after and encouraged to join the club.
Manchester City Academy (The City Football Academy)
The Manchester City Football Academy is a new Tier 1 academy and elite training facility adjacent to the Etihad Stadium on the Etihad Campus. Comprising 12 youth development soccer pitches and 4 first team soccer pitches, the facilities are used by the junior, senior, men’s and women’s teams. These first-class facilities were built to allow more time for youth player development.
Exclusive to inspiring the sport, the Manchester City FC and City Football Academy developmental soccer trips focus on the training element of professional soccer, with competitive matches always there to allow players to test their new skills! Training is provided by the clubs’ professional coaches, who have trained some of the biggest names in soccer.
The CFA is home to all of Manchester City’s soccer teams, across all age groups. Two-thirds of the 16½ acre pitches on site are dedicated to youth development, supported by high quality training and education facilities, as well as medical and sports science services.
The CFA is also a global headquarters for members of the City Football family, which now includes sister, clubs New York City FC, Melbourne City FC and Yokohama F. Marinos. The 7,000-seat Academy Stadium is home to Manchester City Women’s FC and the Manchester City EDS team.
Eligibility and Criteria:
Eligibility and Criteria for Manchester United Emerging Talent Programme:
- The program welcomes aspiring footballers globally, scouted directly by Manchester United.
- Parental approval is necessary, especially for individuals under the age of 18.
- Existing team members’ performance data and history will undergo evaluation by the academy.
- A sincere and profound love for football is a fundamental requirement.
As candidates attempt to enroll at the academy, they should remember that some qualifications are required and can only be met by those who are aware of them. Besides, Man City is also providing a chance for those looking for a career to have their first opportunity in the working world.
- Applicants must provide a good academic record with recommendations from their school of study;
- Applicants must provide good details about themselves, their previous clubs and contacts;
- The consent of the student’s parents, especially for those under 18 years old. Before you can proceed with registration at the Academy;
- Applicants must submit proof of financial need if applying for the Man City Football Academy scholarship;
- They should submit a video of themselves; this method is mainly applicable to international applicants.
The Academy maintains an open policy. Therefore, interested individuals can go to the Man City Academy contact page and apply at https://www.mancity.com/contact-us.
They can also obtain documents from: